Thursday, August 23, 2007

Importance of 1/2 mark :)

I was in eighth standard of Navodaya school. Our kannada teacher had good impression on me. She used to ask me dictate the notes to the class and also she been to my native once. Hence I had good rapport with our teacher.

We had 25 marks assignments for each of the subjects and even kannada had 25 marks assignment. They used to give this to home and we used to submit once complete. My close friends in navodaya were Basavraj, Sudheer and Rajendra. Basavaraj completed the assignment by finding answers from text books and by putting efforts. Also his hand writing was soo good.. Once he completed the assignment, I took his book and copied as it is and submitted. I dont know if my name was familiar to teacher or by luck, I got 24.5 marks and Basavaraj got 24 marks. As soon the note books came to our hands, Basu started crying ;). He started telling "he has copied my notes and his handwriting is also not good as me then how can he get more markes than me ;) " .. I went to teacher, told her to cut my marks but she was not ready. Then i was in trouble :(. This stupid guy was crying and not at all stopping for 1/2 marks. He got support from one more classmate sanjay. He also told teacher the same things. Then teacher told today I got to know importance of 1/2 marks. She corrected my marks to 24. I could see my friends eyes tearless. I was happy too.. He would not have behaved the same way now but for that age that mite be appropriate..

Any way this incident entered my childhood memories hence noting it here :)

No comments: